Hon Hai Technology Group places the health and safety of our employees as our highest priority, and we have been working closely with local government and public health authorities in all of the global markets in which we operate to address the challenges that we and all companies are facing in dealing with the COVID-19 crisis.
Following the Taiwan government’s decision to raise the alert level for Taiwan to Level Three in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, beginning May 15, Hon Hai has further reinforced our already strong prevention measures for our operations in Taiwan. Updated prevention measures are as follows:
1. Each manufacturing site, in accordance with regulation, has implemented employee contact controls (e.g., working on different floors and staggered seating arrangements). In addition, based on the local pandemic situation of each site, employees will be asked to work in shifts, work in different areas, or work from home.
2. Employees who reside in “hotspot” locations or who contemporaneously visited venues with Taiwan CDC recently confirmed COVID-19 cases should immediately begin working at home and avoid entering any company facilities. Employees who return to Taiwan from overseas should undergo a 14-day quarantine period and carry out an additional 7-day self-health management regimen before entering any company sites.
3. Masks must be worn at all times by all personnel on company sites and gatherings of more than five people are strictly prohibited. All meetings are to be conducted via video or teleconference, and services such as intra/cross site shuttles, fitness center, and massage will be temporarily suspended.
4. We politely ask that all general visitors, suppliers, and external construction personnel refrain from entering company sites until further notice.
5. For the purpose of independent health management, employees are asked to fill out the online pandemic prevention questionnaire each day. Any questions may be directed to Human Resources or logged in to the pandemic prevention notification system.
Sustained pandemic prevention is a lifestyle and attitude that will require us to practice both personal and collaborative self-discipline each day in order to make it through the present crisis.