Our retirement system abides by the Government of Taiwan's Labor Standards Act and the Labor Pension Act, including:
1. Years of service in accordance to the Labor Standards Act (Old System): Defined Benefit Plan
- Retirement Application: Worker 1) who attains the age of fifty-five and has worked for fifteen years, 2) who has worked for more than twenty-five years, and 3) who attains the age of sixty and has worked for ten years, are advised to apply for voluntary retirement.
- Worker Pension Payment: Retirement pension will be based on the average one month salary of the employee at the time of retirement approval. Based on the years of service, two base numbers shall be given for each full year of service rendered. One base number shall be given for each full year of service rendered should the employee is employed for over 15 years, The total number of base numbers shall be no more than 45. The length of service is calculated as half year when it is less than six months and as one year when it is more than six months. As set forth in Article 54 of the Labor Standards Act, an additional 20% shall be added to employees who are asked to retire.
- Labor Pension Reserve Funds: In accordance to the Labor Standards Act, the Group shall allocate 2% of the total monthly salary of employees and deposit such amount to a designated account. The funds in the said account shall not be used as an assignment, seizure, offset or security object. Before the end of each year, the balance in the designated labor pension reserve fund account is to be assessed. If the amount is inadequate for pension payments for retirement of employees who are qualified for Article 53 or subparagraph 1 of Paragraph 1 of Article 54 of the Labor Standards Act in the following year, the difference shall be made in one appropriation before the end of March the following year.
- Labor Pension Supervision: Labor Pension Fund Supervisory Committee was established by law in January 1987. Elected every four years, the Committee is responsible for the management of Labor Pension Fund to ensure the full protection of the labor rights.
2. Length of service in accordance to the Labor Standards Act (amended): Defined Contribution Plan
- Monthly Contribution by the Group: In accordance to the "Table of Monthly Salary Contribution of Labor Pension" set forth by the Bureau of Labor Insurance, the Group contributes 6% of total monthly salary of employees to the designated Labour Pension Reserve accounts of individual employees.
- Voluntary Contribution by Employees: Employees can opt for voluntarily contribution of a maximum of 6% of their monthly salary to their Labor Pension Reserve accounts.